I strongly believe that you can retire well ahead of time if you take the right actions. Here are a few actions that I’d suggest you do immediately to get you headed in that direction.
1. Make the Decision
I know this sounds simple, but it is powerful. The first step is always to truly make the decision. You have to commit to any goal that you have. If retirement or freedom or money is it, then absolutely make the decision that you’re going to make it happen.
There is a lot of information, so pick just one of these areas to start with and focus on that this month. Next month, move on to another area that you want to improve:
- A. Reduce expenses
- B. Increase income
- C. Learn how to put your money to work for you
- D. Find and create passive/residual income streams
- E. Do something that you actually enjoy doing
At the bottom of this page are some resources (A-E) that may help you in each of these areas.
Achieving what you want to achieve isn’t always going to be easy. What you absolutely need is a solid network around you to help you get there. You have to surround yourself with like-minded people that are either already where you want to go, or they’re headed there.
Your network… that is the #1 key to success. – David Wood on the YoPro Wealth podcast
The best areas to start networking, in my opinion are:
- LinkedIn – find groups and contact, and start a conversation.
- MeetUp.com – find local niche groups. The best networking is always face-to-face. I used meetup.com a lot for my different investing groups early on.
- Conferences – make it an absolute priority to go to at least 2 conferences per year.
- Online niche groups – find like-minded peers that are either where you want to go, or they’re headed to where you want to go, and join them!
4. Get a Coach
Speaking of coaching…There are a few commonalities among every single YoPro Wealth guest. Here are just a few:
- They are an entrepreneur of some sort. Most didn’t start that way, but they all eventually started something on the side, and then went full-time on their own gig. The reasons for this are primarily because it is the best vehicle to bring you the finances, freedom and flexibility that you desire.
- They all focus on action. There is only so much you can learn before you start to try… because the real learning doesn’t start until you begin to fail (I know, it sounds counterintuitive). Take action: that is the real measure of intelligence.
- Every single one of them have coaches for the important areas of their lives. Every single one of them. It is hard to do things on your own, and it takes too much time. So why would you? If you want to be GREAT at something, then find a coach to help get you there. Whether it be financial, career, life, health, relationship, investing… it doesn’t matter. From my experience, getting a coach is one of the most impactful things that you can possibly do. We think of it as a no-brainer that an olympic athlete would have a coach, but if you want to also be great at something, it should be a no-brainer as well. Don’t look at it as a cost, look at is as an investment in yourself and in your future… which is the best investment you can make.
If you don’t know where to find a great mentor or coach, email me and let me know what you’re looking for because I know a few great ones.
5. Email Me
There is still so much more to talk about, so what questions do you have? I’m always open to brainstorm ideas for you. Contact me at [email protected]wealth.com.
- It starts with the way you think! Check out – Do You Have a Millionaire Mindset?
- Note, I’m writing some blog posts now on how you can make more money. I will email these to you soon!
C. Grow Money
D. Passive Income
- Passive income podcast
- Vehicles to consider:
- Investing – I will be coming out with a course on this soon!
- Network marketing – I know of some great companies depending on your interests. Email me if you have questions.
- Real estate is another great tool.
- Online business and training – what are you an expert at? (Or what can you become an expert at?)
- Entrepreneurship in general offers so many great options; they’re seriously endless.
- (Much more to come on this subject!)
You guys rock.
Take Control. Make Money. Live Wealthy.
Please note that all information on YoProWealth.com is for informational purposes only. The advice provided may not be suitable for your specific situation. Please see the full disclaimer at yoprowealth.com/disclaimer for details.