Tim Harrington is the president of Battlefin, the global trading tournaments set to democratically identify the best liquid investment strategies across asset classes and geographies. Tim worked his way through the investment world, and is now focused on algorithmic and big data related investing strategies. He shares some great tips on how to navigate the investing world with success, and where it is headed.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The most common themes among winning Battlefin traders.
- What big data is, and how it impacts you.
- How to get rid of emotions in investing.
- The biggest mistakes that investors make.
- And much more!
Definition of Wealth:
- I have a few segments that I look at – my business (work-life and what I’m building), wealth (bills paid and the ability to live the lifestyle that you want), and living a meaningful life.
Best Piece of Financial Advice:
- “There is no such thing as a free lunch.” So, always ask why and understand exactly what is going on.
One Action to Do Now:
- Start saving – you have to save to be able to have the capital to invest in the things that you are passionate about… and focus on investing in yourself and finding that next big wave!
Connect with Tim:
Check out Battlefin and be sure to sign up for the next competition. It is a great way to get your investment strategy noticed and take it to the next level!
And I love Tim’s advice on investing in things that you are passionate about. Whether it be real estate, stocks, a certain industry of stocks, or whatever, do it in something that you enjoy. When doing any work, you perform much better when you stick to your strengths and interests.