Check out YoPro Wealth in iTunes here!
Growing up we’re taught that if you do something that you’re passionate about, something that helps a cause, then it is philanthropy or volunteer work. And you sure can’t build wealth from it.
Well, today’s guest argues against that. JV Crum III, the author of Conscious Millionaire, says that you can increase your profits by building a business with purpose. It isn’t until he found his purpose, that he found his higher level of success.
JV also says that to be the most successful you, you have to be on your “true north.” In this episode, we talk a lot about wealth, happiness, entrepreneurship, mindset and everything in between.
We like to keep the episodes short and action-packed so that you can consume and use as much information as possible. JV and I talked at length about a lot of details and he shares a ton of golden nuggets of information, so this interview is split up into the next two episodes.
In This Podcast, You’ll Learn:
- What your true north is, and why it matters.
- Why you should never give up your dream.
- How to find yourself.
- Why to create the lifestyle that you want.
- Why the relationships are so critical in your life.
- The holistic view of wealth.
- The value of compounding interest.
- The biggest investing mistake you can make.
- Why it is a journey, and how you never truly arrive.
- How more purpose can lead to more profits.
- Why the present is the only time that matters.
- Why you need a plan for if things go wrong.
- And much, much more!
Definition of Wealth:
- Wealth is multi-faceted. There is a number’s piece; it is called Conscious Millionaire, not Conscious Broke! Then there is being on your true north, being in the direction that your passion, your strengths and your interests are put together.
JV and I discuss a lot about the journey, and finding your true north. He says, “The only way that you can experience your journey is to be present.”
This was something that I had to work on a lot. I have always been so focused on the future, and setting myself up for an amazing future, that I wasn’t always present.
Now, if I’m with my family, I try to be 100% there. When I’m out with my friends, I’m in the moment with them. When I’m working, I’m there focused on my work. By not mixing all of these, you are more productive and also more enjoyable to be around.
So try to enjoy the moment, smell the roses, be present where you are. If someone is talking to you, listen with your eyes and ears. Be present.
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow the future, but today is a gift. That’s why they call it the present. -Bil Keane
- Find your “real journey,” and it may take some searching. It took JV a number of jobs, and it usually does. You may have to try and try again, but you’ll find it. And that is where the magic happens.
- Work on being present! It’ll show up in your work and your relationships.