Check out YoPro Wealth in iTunes here!
Have you ever been in debt? Are you still in debt today?
Well, what are you going to do about it?
JD Roth, of the award-winning GetRichSlowly.org, is just a normal guy that decided to take control of his financial future and get out of debt. Since that decision, he has not only survived, but has thrived.
In this episode, we talk about how you can do the same exact thing!
And we also discuss a lot about what true wealth is, why we’re searching for happiness and not necessarily riches. Be sure to listen! I know you’ll get a lot out of this episode.
In This Podcast, You’ll Learn:
- What lifestyle inflation is.
- Why you don’t need to keep up with the Jones’.
- What you financial blueprint is.
- The math of wealth, and why it is easy.
- The mindset of money.
- Why awareness is so important.
- How to reduce your expenses.
- Why buying a house isn’t a logical choice.
- Why you have to create a mission statement.
- Why you need to become CFO of your own life.
- What you’re really looking for.
- The single factor that has the most impact on your investment success.
- How much you should be saving.
- And much, much more!
Definition of Wealth:
- Wealth is to be able to do what I want, when I want to do it. If I can do that, I am wealthy.
- How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World – defining what personal freedom is and how to achieve it. “Just ignore everyone else and do what you want.”
Best Financial Advice Ever Received:
- Nobody cares more about your money than you do. You need to take an active role in your financial life and stewarding your financial success.
I love that JD talks about our financial blueprint, and how you need to address it.
This blueprint is from our environment growing up – our parents, teachers, friends, and family friends. And it is very seldom a good blueprint for success!
You need to evaluate what your beliefs are, and become fully aware of your situation. Then, you need to figure out where you want to go and who you want to be.
From here, you can fix the pieces of your blueprint that are holding you back from achieving this success or these goals.
Another link we talked about is Simon Sinek’s Start With Why TED Talk. This is so important.
You have to have you guiding purpose, otherwise you won’t change.
- Create your guiding purpose – your mission statement!
- Reduce your expenses in these areas: housing and transportation. That will help make a big impact on your budget.
- Don’t make dumb purchases – think of the opportunity cost. “By saving money, you are buying your future freedom.” Keep that focus!