Some people are made to be entrepreneurs, and some people are born that way.
Matt Shoup was born to be one.
He started as an entrepreneur at 9 years old, and then revisited the challenge again after a stint in the mortgage industry. After being fired from his role in the mortgage industry, Matt took $100 and started his own painting business two hours later. The rest, as they say, is history.
Matt has since taken M & E Painting to be a multi-million dollar business. He has an absolute passion for entrepreneurship, and regularly speaks to organizations and groups throughout the world on the subjects. He is an author and someone that has a can’t-lose mentality. I know that you’ll pick up a bunch of wisdom from this episode!
In This Podcast, You’ll Learn:
- Why you need to define yourself.
- Why your business should be an extension of you.
- How to make money while you sleep.
- The simple money equation.
- How to get started as an entrepreneur.
- Who you should have on your team.
- The best way to advertise.
- And much more!
Definition of Wealth:
- Money: you stop working, money keeps coming in. Create baskets of residual income.
- “Doing your B” – tying everything that you do back to who you are.
Best Piece of Financial Advice:
- Don’t spend more than you make.
- Don’t take financial advice from people that are not in the financial position that you envy. Consider the source!
Action In Next 7 Days:
- Put on paper your money coming in and your money coming out. Are you happy with it? What do you need to change? Build that out over 30 years – where is that going to end you up? If that isn’t where you want to end up, then you have to change something.
I love that Matt gives such straightforward responses. He always seemed to look at obstacles as challenges. As an entrepreneur, this is the way that you need to think. There are no “problems”, they are only temporary challenges that you need to solve. If this excites you, then you’re an entrepreneur at heart.
- Look at your expenses and income – are you happy with the situation? If not, you need to change something. Send me a note, and let’s chat about how you can make more money ([email protected]).
- Identify your super-power! Use that to become your own boss!
- Find people that you look up to, and learn from them. Do not listen to broke people. 🙂
- Take challenges in stride, and you will set yourself apart from the pack!