Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Check out YoPro Wealth in iTunes here!
Success leaves clues…
Find successful people and emulate them. Do what they do.
And to help us be as wealthy as possible, in this solo edition of YoPro Wealth I talk about 21 habits of the rich.
This is a list that Tom Corley of RichHabits.net put together.
21 Habits the rich do everyday that the poor don’t:
1. 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day.
2. 23% of wealthy gamble. 52% of poor people gamble.
3. 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
4. 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically four days a week. 23% of poor do this.
5. 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% of poor people.
6. 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% of poor.
7. 63% of wealthy parents make their children read two or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% of poor.
8. 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% of poor.
9. 80% of wealthy make Happy Birthday calls vs. 11% of poor.
10. 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% of poor.
11. 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs. 2% of poor.
12. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% of poor.
13. 79% of wealthy network five hours or more each month vs. 16% of poor.
14. 67% of wealthy watch one hour or less of TV every day vs. 23% of poor.
15. 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% of poor.
16. 44% of wealthy wake up three hours before work starts vs. 3% of poor.
17. 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% of poor.
18. 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% of poor.
19. 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% of poor.
20. 86% of wealthy believe in lifelong educational self-improvement vs. 5% of poor.
21. 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% of poor.
Check out Rich Habits here.
How do you stack up versus these?
Which one really stands out for you personally?
- Pick one of these to improve, focus on it, and really master it. Then, move on to the next one that you can improve. You will be wealthy if you act and think like the wealthy!
Timothy Moser says
Love it. This is so powerful and inspiring! Pretty much every single one of these is something I’d like to do more of in my life, but this just tells me to be proactive and make it happen. Definitely sharing.
Austin G. Netzley says
Thanks, @TimothyMoser:disqus. I appreciate the comment and support. There were a few that surprised me here, but that means they are areas of improvement for me as well!
First become wealthy by acting like the wealthy, then we will be completely wealthy… but not before. Does that make sense?