Check out all of the episodes and the new podcast player HERE!
Last December when I started the YoPro Wealth podcast, I was afraid.
I was afraid of failure, speaking, promotion, uncertainty, and everything else. I was especially afraid of putting my face and name on a website. I wanted to use an alias or pen name so that I could confidently share my story – the good and the bad. (I know, this sounds ridiculous, but I remember the conversation I had with some mentors/peers like it was yesterday. They thought I was crazy, as well.)
Yet, I was able to conquer those fears by doing two things.
- Being surrounded by motivated and like-minded peers that wouldn’t let me hold myself back from success.
- Just getting into motion and starting before I was ready. As soon as you start, you’ll get it figured out. Richard Branson says his favorite quote is, “Screw it. Just do it.” That is what I had to tell myself on a daily basis.
I was reminded of these early fears when I interviewed two amazing guests for this podcast episode last week with one of my favorite quotes that has been shared yet:
Fear hates community. Fear hates action. – Jared Easley
In this special edition of YoPro Wealth, I interviewed two amazing experts:
- Jared is the co-founder of The Podcast Movement and host of Starve the Doubts podcast
- David Weliver is the founding editor of MoneyUnder30.com – helping people get their start with their finances.
This is a motivating and fun episode that also has some great action steps that you need to take to get your career and financial life where you want to go. Don’t miss it!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to start a successful business.
- What you should do with an extra $10,000.
- The keys to squashing fear!
- How David overcame $80,000 of debt in just over 3 years!
- The power of perceived credibility.
- What to do if you don’t have all of the answers (see: everyone).
- How to become a world-renowned expert.
- How to get started – especially when you don’t know your exact path!
- The one action you need to take this week.
- The best outro of YoPro Wealth’s short history…
- And much more!
If you received a $10,000 bonus and have zero debt, what would you do?
A few financial experts weighed in, and their answers may surprise you!
In addition, David also overcame $80,000 of debt in nearly 3 years. How did he do it? Put simply, he:
- Made the decision that enough was enough!
- Halved his rent by getting roommates.
- Got a 2nd part-time job.
- Then, got a higher paying new day job.
And in 3 years, he had this one focus: get out of debt! Every extra penny was put towards this effort and it paid off. It put him on his path to financial freedom.
- “I realized that any time I’m fearful of something, I never regret actually doing it once I get over that fear. Even if you fail, you get a learning experience and it helps you for next time.” – David Weliver
- “When you’re starting out, embrace your invisibility because there are not a lot of people reading or listening, and that’s ok! That’s a good thing. This is your workbench. Don’t be afraid of that, embrace it, because over time you get better. I heard Jon Acuff say, “No one wins unless you get in the game. If you’re on the sidelines you cannot win the game.”
- “Fear hates community. Fear hates action. It hates practice.” – Jared Easley
- Improve your community. You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Get access to this video of the 5 things that changed my life HERE.
- Tony Robbins says, “Emotion is created by motion.” Increase your body language and energy, and it automatically improves your emotion (increased confidence and reduced fear). Get into motion. You’ll figure it out as you go!
- “When you’re making moves, that’s infectious. It gives permission to other people to say, “hey, I could do something with my life. I can make better decisions.” – Jared Easley
Be sure to check out David and Jared. I always love the insight they provide:
Contact David and Jared:
YoPro Wealth: Take control. Make money. Live wealthy.