Episode 005 in iTunes: Spend to Live with Jason Vitug
Corporate world fast track >> travel the world >> making a splash with entrepreneurship.
That is Jason Vitug’s story in a nutshell.
He was acting as an entrepreneur within the corporate world before he decided to quit and start his own venture, Phroogal – an online financial knowledge resource. Think Google, Quora and Yelp on personal finance.
Jason, even with all of his successes, didn’t exactly start that way. At one point in time, he was in debt $78,000. That is a LOT of money for someone starting out in their career, but isn’t exactly unusual. So many young professionals start out in debt, and many more even continue that trend. The average 2013 college graduate started out with over $35,000 in debt. The good news is that you can overcome it, as Jason has. And that is what YoPro Wealth and Phroogal are here to help anybody do.
In This Podcast, You’ll Learn:
- The one common denominator with people when looking at information in the world today.
- Why you should “do everything with a purpose and with a mindset.”
- The first financial goal of any young professional.
- Why the mindset is #1 for your success.
- Why you need a lifestyle goal.
- How Jason took control of his finances and got out of $78,000 of debt.
- How to have a very successful crowd-sourcing campaign!
- The way to start your own business.
- And much more!
Definition of Wealth:
- Wealth isn’t the accumulation of money; it is the accumulation of experiences. How can you use the accumulation of money that you build up to live life rich? That is wealth.
Best Piece of Financial Advice:
- Spend to live. Cover the basics, but spend for experiences. Not things.
Action In Next 7 Days:
- ACT – Acknowledge, Creating, Taking Control. Define your financial picture and goals, and create a plan to improve your situation. Then, take control, and build the life of your dreams.
Connect with Jason:
Jason shares an amazing view on wealth and success that I believe in. We talked about the power of the mindset, and how your philosophy really creates everything that you do.
He is also a big fan of experiences, and lifestyle. Generation Y and Millenials are so focused on living the way we want, and creating a nice lifestyle. By creating wealth and financial freedom, you can do this. Don’t try to create monetary wealth for the sake of “stacking benjamins”, as Jason says. Make money so that you can live the life that you want.
- You can’t fix what you don’t know, so learn your own finances in and out. Define everything that is going on, then you’ll know what needs fixed.
- Create your perfect lifestyle goals. Now, let’s build the wealth to supplement that lifestyle.
- As Jason said, the first step is taking control of your finances. Take control, get out of debt, and spend to live.