Episode 007 in iTunes: Wealth Creation, Translation & Growth with Todd Tresidder
Todd Tresidder sold his hedge fund at the age of 35.
He then took a break, and later continued his journey in the financial industry, this time with a mission to share the knowledge that he built up in his career.
He is a published author, and the host of FinancialMentor.com – a site dedicated to helping people make the right financial decisions. To help us all do this, we brought in Todd to talk about everything related to investing and wealth.
In This Podcast, You’ll Learn:
- How and why you should get paid to learn.
- Why it is not about assets, but about cash-flow and income.
- How to “kick rear in a career.”
- When you should listen to investment advice (and when you shouldn’t).
- Why your mindset shouldn’t affect your investments.
- The formula for wealth.
- Why you should never cut your cash cow.
- The 3 pieces to any wealth strategy.
- Why investing is a necessity to any wealth equation.
- How wealth is a marathon, not a sprint.
- And much more!
Definition of Wealth:
- “Cash flow exceeds expenses.” It doesn’t get any more straightforward and simple than that!
Best Piece of Financial Advice:
- Make more than you spend, and invest the difference wisely.
Action In Next 7 Days:
- Focus on the wealth creation side, so how can you make more money in your career?
Connect with Todd:
All of the guests that come on the YoPro Wealth podcast, like Todd, have achieved success in areas that many of you strive for. Todd has had great success in the investment world, and shares a ton of insight on how to build wealth with investing. A goal of YoPro Wealth is to help you learn these things, so that you can get to their level of success even faster than they did!
I love his comments because he has a big-picture view (something few people actually have). That is one of the key traits among successful people, so work to always keep site of what the big-picture really is, and whether or not what you’re doing on the ground level today is contributing to that big picture. It doesn’t matter if it is in investing, in your career, or in your personal life, having a big-picture mindset pays dividends.
- Find out what you’re interested in, and how you can get paid to learn! Go do that.
- Think about your big picture – what you’re working on this week and this month getting you towards your big picture goals? If not, nix it.
- Do not collect assets – increase cash flow and decrease expenses to improve your wealth, as Todd says. This mindset shift has helped me dramatically and has created financial freedom.
- Reach out to Todd and look at his resources here.