Only 13% of people enjoy going to work…
That is not acceptable…
Bert Purdy, of IntentionalEmployee.com is one of those few people in the 13%. He is a CPA, father, constant learner, and the host of a website where he shares his experiences and insights with the goal of helping other people find the same amount of happiness and success that he has.
To help us learn more about how you can find more pleasure in your career, I had a chat with Bert about:
- His definition of wealth.
- How to succeed in the workplace.
- Why the ability to communicate is paramount.
- Why you have to ask questions.
- The difference between money and passion as a driver for career happiness, and which you should focus on.
- How to make more money and get a promotion in your career.
- Why you should act as if you’re an entrepreneur, even if you’re not.
- And much, much more!
Connect With Bert:
I love that Bert doesn’t say just merely follow your passion. In your career, passion isn’t enough.
You have to also find something that you can be good at, and something that can make you money. We all enjoy things that we’re good at, right? And if you’re good at something, you can almost assuredly make money from it.
- “Ask – what do I need to do to be promoted?” Show the interest that you want to be promoted, and prove that you have earned it.
- Read Bert’s (and my) favorite book, How to Win Friends & Influence People. It changed our careers.
- Raise your energy level and be more enjoyable to work with. Everyone else around you will do the same, and you’ll not only perform better, but you’ll enjoy it more.
- Check out Intentional Employee, and reach out to Bert.