Success is about making a bunch of small decisions, one after the other compounded on top of each other for a period of time. As Jeff Olson writes in The Slight Edge, these decisions are very easy to make and do. However, why aren’t more people successful? Because these same small, positive actions are so easy not to do as well.
“Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.” – Jeff Olson
Financial success is a decision; it is a process. It takes some effort and a bit of time. Below are a list of tips to get you on the path towards true, and lasting wealth.
- Get a library card and use it!
- Work out today.
- Know who you are and, more importantly, who you are not.
- Eat healthy.
- Early to bed, early to rise (makes you healthy/wealthy/wise – Ben Franklin).
- Make specific (SMART) goals over multiple time periods.
- Get a car that is more than 3 years old.
- Never eat lunch alone.
- Rise with the sun on the weekend!
- Get rid of television.
- Join a mastermind!
- Improve the average salary of the 5 people you spend the most time with.