Success is about making a bunch of small decisions, one after the other compounded on top of each other for a period of time. As Jeff Olson writes in The Slight Edge, these decisions are very easy to make and do. However, why aren’t more people successful? Because these same small, positive actions are so easy not to do as well.
“Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.” – Jeff Olson
Financial success is a decision; it is a process. It takes some effort and a bit of time. Below are a list of tips to get you on the path towards true, and lasting wealth.
- Get a library card and use it!
- Work out today.
- Know who you are and, more importantly, who you are not.
- Eat healthy.
- Early to bed, early to rise (makes you healthy/wealthy/wise – Ben Franklin).
- Make specific (SMART) goals over multiple time periods.
- Get a car that is more than 3 years old.
- Never eat lunch alone.
- Rise with the sun on the weekend!
- Get rid of television.
- Join a mastermind!
- Improve the average salary of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
- Go to multiple networking events each month!
- Make zero excuses. None.
- Create a vision board, and review it daily.
- Read books to learn; have a plan, implement the findings, and review them again!
- Work anytime you want, not just 9AM to 5PM.
- Learn your own unique creativity cycle & use it.
- Recognize and control resistance and fear.
- Listen, and listen some more.
- Work towards your dream, not someone else’s.
- Prefer podcasts to music (most of the time!).
- Get completely out of debt.
- Develop a plan.
- Reflect and record regularly.
- Have a positive attitude each and every day. (Top5PercentIncome.com)
- Read, journal and count your blessings daily! (Amber Hurdle)
“The truth is, what you do matters. What you do today matters. What you do every day matters. Successful people just do the things that seem to make no difference in the act of doing them and they do them over and over and over until the compound effect kicks in.” – Jeff Olson
- Share with me your best #w2w, and I will add it to the list! (in the comment section or @YoProWealth)
- Go through this list and count how many you practice. A perfect score is 27 and counting!